Saturday, April 18, 2009

1 week recovery...

Dr. C had said it would only be a 1 week recovery for James, and he would be back to his normal level of activity... that was a little hard to believe after the long and painful recovery after last year's chiari decompression surgery, but it's true! Yesterday marked 1 week since surgery, and he's doing great! He's crawling all around the house and even wants to play outside. I've had to try and limit him a little bit the last couple of days to allow just a little more time for healing.. but he doesn't act like he's in pain anymore. Yesterday I gave him tylenol by itlsef - no codiene - but today he hasn't had any pain meds and he's not acting weak or tired or anything...

Yesterday was his first outing since surgery. We went to Bille Park for Liam's 7th birthday party. Even though they are 4 years apart, James and Liam have had a special friendship since James was just a baby. James got his pants all muddy in the knees from crawling in the grass and playing with the baseballs that the other kids weren't using. He had fun watching the kids play baseball and exploring for about an hour and 15 minutes.. by then, i thought he had pushed it enough, so we went home early and James took a late nap. Then Liam and Michelle (his mommy) came over to visit later in the evening.

I've spent the last 2 days organizing things in the boys' room and hanging more things on the wall, moving things around, getting newborn diapers and stuff ready near the crib, and things like that. It's getting very exciting around here with only 6 weeks to go until my due date! Tomorrow I have an appointment to have maternity photos taken, and I can't wait!

I have somewhat minor transmission problems with my car, and it's a really long story, but pretty much the transmission shop that I got a new transmissiom from last year is not cooperating, and they want me to fix a few other things first (that 2 different mechanics have told me are unrelated to the transmission problem) before they want to fix my transmission, because they are hoping that fixing the other problems will clear up the transmission problem - magically, or something... so i'm frustrated.... I've had a laundry list of other problems with this transmission shop also, but i won't go into that here and now... i don't want to name names but it's Paradise Transmissions on Clark road, right next door to our church office.. ok, i guess i did want to name names....

No comments: