Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Everyone is wondering about the MRI, and I don't know much. The doctors were bringing James' case, with the new information from the MRI, to their big Tuesday morning meeting again today, and still waiting to speak with Dr. Ciricillo, and then the Nurse Practitioner is going to call me tomorrow to discuss things. Basically, if they decide on surgery, it will either be another chiari decompression (in the neck area, and near James' brain stem) OR it will be to drain and shunt the syrinx (remember, that is the cyst inside his spinal cord).. So that's the long and the short of it.. and we don't know anything yet. Hopefully I will know a lot more by tomorrow afternoon! I am hoping that if he has surgery, it will be very soon.

Becky has been helping me a lot, and I was just praying this morning in the shower about the whole nurse thing, and asking God why I haven't been able to get in touch with any nurses yet, and then this afternoon a nurse finally called me! Her name is Cora, and she is an LVN, and she has one other client, but she is looking for more work. She is going to come and meet me on October 4th, and we are going to work on some paperwork together to get things going! YAY! Thank you, God, for answered prayers.

Speaking of answered prayers, I don't think I have mentioned on here that I have been amazed by our Lord at how He answered our prayers by giving us this new baby inside me! We were not praying for a baby, or even planning on having one any time soon AT ALL - but we WERE praying for a miracle, for something big to happen, for some joy in our family, for The Lord not to forget us, for some purpose, and a focus, and a good reason for pressing on in this life....

And I know that circumstances, and even people, and even amazing little miracle babies the size of a kidney bean, are not meant to be our source of joy or purpose in this life. He is jealous for us, as He should be. In fact, I am learning over and over again in this life that our God is in the business of stripping us of any of this that we tend to make into our god and our source of comfort - especially good things, like husbands and children and health and conveniences and all of that. So don't misunderstand me and think that I am saying that this baby is the answer for what my heart needs. Because I do long to worship The Giver, and not the gift... but all I am saying is that He sure is a giver of such good and perfect gifts! And He understands which gifts will bless us the most - way more than we understand ourselves. And I am in awe..

I want to write more, but James is awake now, and it is almost time for date night. I need to change his diaper and put him in the car to go over to my parents' house... but I will try my best to write at least a quick post tomorrow after I hear from Caroline at UCSF about the MRI and possible surgery plans... It is all in His hands...

-Lynae




2 comments:

Aunt LeeLee said...

Reminds me of:

"He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me."

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update on James and the entire family! He is in our prayers! You do such a nice job on writing your blog! Lord bless each and everyone of you!