James will have a shunt revision in San Francisco on Tuesday, November 16th. You can specifically pray for a miracle outcome, a quick recovery, and for courage and comfort for James as he goes through surgery #8 :-( Also for my spiritual, emotional, and mental health as his mom during our time at the hospital! And for my physical health and the health of our growing baby - that I would be able to sleep well and find nourishing food while we are down there. Pray for strength for Seth as he leads our family through this ongoing difficult time, and remains even-keeled when the rest of us are falling apart. Pray for our doctors and nurses, for wisdom, skill, and the ability to care for James well.
Been thinking a lot about Christmas lately. It was like thirty-something degrees in Paradise this morning - SO cold! I finally brought the rest of the kids' winter clothes in from the garage. Can't believe how fast they are both growing! Even James has outgrown many of his clothes, for once! What a big boy! I also quickly went through our three Christmas boxes to find my Advent devotional book (which starts the first week of November) - and the other Christmas books and movies we own. I have A Charlie Brown Christmas on our queue with netflix - can't believe we don't own that classic! Oh well, I guess that's what netflix is for!
I have been looking for two special books for the boys for Christmas. They get so many gifts from our many relatives that they don't really need a lot of toys and things from Seth and I - so we have just been getting them one special book, one special toy, and one set of PJs each year, from Mommy and Daddy. Last year I got Josiah one of those plastic baby books that you can put pictures in, so they can look at the pictures and chew the book, and all is well! haha! I got James The Crippled Lamb last year - SUCH a sweet story by Max Lucado about God's purpose in suffering, and how He has a special place and plan for everyone, regardless of ability. I just pulled that book out of the Christmas box and can't wait to read it with him again this year. I think I am going to get the book, The Small One by Alex Walsh this year for James, and I am still looking for one for Joey.
Either tomorrow or Thursday this week, when James is home from school, he and I need to have a date to go shopping to fill our two Operation Christmas Child boxes. They are due at church this Sunday. He wants to do one "for a four year old like me," and one "for a one year old like Josiah." Yesterday we made a list of things we might buy for the gifts.
On December 5th, our church is celebrating the annual Birthday Party for Jesus - definitely my favorite party of the year! We have a soup cook-off, and there is a talent show, and birthday cake. It is a sweet, sweet time! Many of the kids do little shows, from the simple to the true talent. Last year we even had a brave little girl do a beautiful dance for Jesus! The adults get into it, too, making up little jingles to make fun of the pastor, and things like that - and we have a new assistant pastor this year, too, so I hope he doesn't think he is going to escape the antics! This year James wants to sing a song in the talent show, called Happy Birthday, Jesus! - that he learned from the Donut Man, Best Present of All movie. If he actually is brave enough to do it in a real microphone in front of the entire church, it is going to be SO, SO, SO cute, and such a blessing!!!! Pray for courage and health for my little love that day!
We are going to Clearlake to Sue's house for Thanksgiving, and it is just going to be our family, Seth's mom, Sue, and his Aunt Cindy. A small, SMALL group, compared to what I am used to with my huge family! But I am really looking forward to a small, intimate time of thankfulness for the simple things in life. I am also really looking forward to cooking and decorating with Sue for that meal, too, because we can make it extra special, since there are only a few place-settings to do, and a few mouths to feed! Pray for a stress-free preparation and packing for that trip, and a peaceful time as we travel and live away from home for a few days. Always a challenge with James' many needs, special food, and equipment!
Sometimes I wonder what is going through James' little head in regards to all that he has been through in the last few months. The other night I was talking to him about Kindergarten, and how he will ride the bus to school in Paradise, and we won't have to go all the way to Chico anymore. He of course wanted to know which streets we would drive on, and I told him that it depends on which school he gets into. When I mentioned Pentz road, he remembered that that is the same road that they gym is on, and I was so surprised and proud of that smart boy, because we haven't been to the gym in at least two or three months! He was asking about his new classroom and new teacher, and I was answering his questions the best I knew. We were talking about how old Josiah will be, and how he will have another baby to come home to as well. Then he asked me, "Mommy, will I crawl when I am in Kindergarten?" -- wow -- and I told him that I didn't know... And he said that he wanted to ask Daddy, because maybe Daddy knows... And I told him that Daddy doesn't know - only God knows the future. But I told him that he will need to use his wheel chair for a lot of activities because you need a tray or a table for most of the things that Kindergarteners do, and I told him that we can pray that God gives him a teacher or a helper who loves Jesus, and who will help him with everything that he needs.
Today the house is thrashed from our lazy weekend, and it's time I get it into gear and get some housework done! Bye for now.
1 comment:
Lynae,
You are such an amazing woman and mommy. I admire you so much. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch lately, but I'm thankful for facebook and your blog when things get crazy.
I really hope James decides to sing at the birthday party for Jesus at church. Just the thought of hearing his sweet tiny voice brings tears to my eyes and fills my heart with joy. I will be praying for his surgery and for courage and strength for him, you Seth and the Doctors.
I look forward to seeing you this weekend at the Velikonia's.
Love, Ash Candler
Post a Comment