Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Blog Series

I am starting a new series on my blog where I will post on a different topic each day of the week (IF I happen to find the time! No promises!) .. I've stolen these ideas from other blogs, and also come up with some things on my own... I just want to spice things up around here to see if it inspires some of you, and gets us interacting and helping each other in this thing called life!

If I decide that I enjoy it, and that I have enough time, and it seems like my readers are enjoying it, too, then I might start another blog (other than my personal family one) -- that will be more about sharing ideas and stuff. A "mommy blog" maybe... or maybe one about being a woman who is striving to follow Christ... something like that... I would love to get some guest bloggers - even people that don't normally blog -- like wise, godly women that I know... I haven't completely formulated all of my ideas... but here are the rough beginnings........

As you probably saw yesterday, Mondays will be for sharing my menu plan for the week, and I might also share a muffin tin meal or two that I made for my kiddos that week... Mondays will be called "Menu Plan Monday" or "Muffin Tin Monday" -- or both. I might include links to recipes that I am basing our meals on, but I RARELY follow a recipe to the tee... so if I do include a link, I will tell you how I plan to adapt the recipe... depending on how much time I have to post, it might just be a list of meals - like yesterday's post. (for more info on muffin tin meals, check this out: http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/)

On Tuesdays I will be sharing tips and tools that I have found helpful over the years, or maybe just something helpful that I have found recently. It will be called "Tips and Tools Tuesday" The tips might be simple, or I might go into great detail. Depends on what it is, and, again -- how much time I have. Most of the tips and tools will probably be related to being a homemaker or a momma, since that's my full time occupation... but we will see! You never know!

Wednesdays will be "wordless wednesday" where I will share pictures from the week - either pictures of my life and kids, or a cute picture that I find that I just like - a "picture of the day" kinda thing.... whatever I feel like at the time...

On "Thrifty Thursdays" I will share a tip about how to save money or be a wise steward of the money you already have. Money is such a huge topic for pretty much everyone! This should be interesting, and a learning experience for me as well, because I'm not the the MOST thrifty person I've ever met.... but we can all learn some lessons in this area... so I will attempt it. I know that this is a subject that God cares a lot about -- and one that usually goes deeper into our hearts than we would like to think.... maybe I can get my parents to guest post on this.... they are wise money people. We shall see!!

The "Friday Five" will just be five things. That's it. No real direction here... maybe five things I'm thankful for, or five things to strive to do this weekend, or five things no one ever told you about being a mom.... whatever five things I feel like blogging about...

So, that's it! It's an experiment... And just practice for me... for when I start the real thing. If I decide to.

haha.

I know some of you don't care about these silly blog-world things.... and you just want to keep up on my family and thoughts.... if that's you, then just skip reading these posts. I'm still going to have my normal posts on here, too... and I am going to keep this blog going, even if I decide to start a new one. So, no worries.

~Lynae

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Can't wait to see your new series. Sounds like fun!

1 Loved Family! said...

I LOVE your new idea! I already enjoyed seeing your menu for this week...I feel like I've been in a BIG rut lately of always making the same stuff over and over again.

Adam, Ashley and Lucy said...

GREAT idea.