Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm still enjoying bed-rest. It's not driving me nuts yet. Haha. Yesterday I rested all day, and today I did a little bit more, but for the most part, I rested again. Seth and I took James to CVS this morning to buy little gifts for him to give to Caleb when he is born. He picked out one for himself and one for Josiah to give to the baby. It was fun for Seth and I to have a little outing with our oldest little love :)

After that, we took James up to playcare in Magalia, where he is spending the night tonight. He is being so brave, having to have all kinds of people other than his momma taking care of him these last few days! I am so proud of him!

Then, Seth came with me to the hospital for another non-stress test and blood pressure monitoring. It was still extremely busy at the birthday place. I guess a ton of babies have been born in the last few days. I tried to get them to check me to see if I am making any progress with the dilation, but one nurse told me that the reason they didn't want to check me was that they don't want to put anyone else into labor right now! They are too full!! CRAZY! I guess my blood and urine came back ok, though, so that is good. My blood pressures were all good, except one that was a little bit high (out of like six readings that they took over the course of two hours). They are keeping me on bed-rest, though, and I will see Dr. Park on Monday. He'll check me then, and hopefully I will go into labor!!

Half-way through my hospital visit, Josiah woke up from his nap at my parents' house, so Seth left to go get him and bring him back to the hospital, so that my parents and Lance could make it to their movie on time. Josiah was such a good boy at the hospital, and happy to see momma, and he got to hear the baby's heartbeat.

We had a great afternoon and evening with our sweet Joey baby. We picked up Subway sandwiches and brought them home for an early dinner, and Josiah got to have chocolate milk for the first time. I started feeling really tired and a little yucky after we ate, so I took a nap, while Daddy and Josiah played and worked outside in the backyard, had a wiggles dance party, and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher for Mommy. Then, when I woke up, we all laid in Mommy and Daddy's bed and watched a movie. Josiah was so lovey-dovey. It was sweet. We taught him to say, "Come out, baby. I want to play with you." He was SOOOO cute saying that to his baby brother!!! That's what James used to say to him when he was in my tummy! We gave him ice cream, and let him stay up late, and totally spoiled him to death. He went to bed at 8:30pm with no protesting or crying.

Caleb has been moving a LOT. Tons of people tell me that that means he's not ready to come out yet. That he will slow down right before it's time. I don't know if I buy that...

Anyway, depending on how I'm feeling, I think we will probably go to church in the morning. But I am still hoping that I can just have him tonight instead!!!!

No comments: