Thursday, September 15, 2011

Menu Plan...Monday?

Yeah, so I haven't been doing menu plans for like WEEKS - Maybe months... Anyway, we DO still EAT around here!! I've just been --- lazy ---

Here is / WAS our meal plan this week...

Monday - We had Chicken Piccata. I realized half-way through making it that I didn't have any Chardonnay, so I used Marsala. It was totally unconventional, and I was worried it wouldn't taste right, but it ended up being pretty good!! We had mashed potatoes with it, instead of pasta, like I would usually prefer -- And just some steamed broccoli, cooked al dente. It made for a nice "transition-to-fall-from-summer" meal!! ;)

Tuesday - We had Chicken Enchiladas, homemade salsa (with the help of my cute little love, James), homemade guacomole (with the help of my cute little love, Josiah), and rice and beans. It was easy, since I already had shredded chicken in the freezer... And I used these DELICIOUS corn/wheat tortillas from Costco. I had big plans earlier in the week to make my own enchilada sauce, but that never happened... hahahahahha!!! Maybe next time????

Wednesday - Date Night - Cora was unavailable, so Seth and I actually took James with us! It was fun!! We just got Subway sandwiches and took them to Caper Acres and ate them while James wheeled around the park --- I fed Caleb rice-cereal, which was fun for me to watch him "learn" how to eat baby food!!! Then we went to Walmart and James got a new Max and Ruby movie, and he was CRACKING UP at the movie later that night when he watched it at home. CUTIE.

Thursday (tonight) - Seth is working late (isn't home yet!!), so Josiah had leftover chicken enchiladas HOURS ago.. and I'm waiting for Seth, so we can eat BLTs together, with tomatoes from our garden... Also, we will have steamed corn on the cob, watermelon, and Canary melon, which is kinda like a honeydew, but even better!! YUM (I'm hungry!!)

Friday - I want to make Pulled Pork, but I still don't have a pork shoulder, so I doubt if that will happen.... Maybe next week? Maybe we'll order a pizza tomorrow... it has been a FULL week!

Sunday we will have a few friends over for a baptism celebration for Caleb. We're having Yoshida Chicken and Basque Norte marinated Tri-Tip. YUM.

No comments: