Today is the one-year anniversary of Carrisa's death. I don't really have much to say, because death is so big. It seems like anything I say will not do justice to how I really feel inside, or how much of a big huge hole is left in our hearts with her not here with us. It's hard to describe what death does. It's big. Ok, I said that already...
But it's true. It kind of overwhelms you like trying to grasp the size of the Himalayan mountains or the great wall of China or the Grand Canyon.... But when you put it all into perspective, and you know the God who made our whole universe with just a word, which is so much more unfathomable... this God who did die, but ROSE AGAIN and conquered death...
But it's true. It kind of overwhelms you like trying to grasp the size of the Himalayan mountains or the great wall of China or the Grand Canyon.... But when you put it all into perspective, and you know the God who made our whole universe with just a word, which is so much more unfathomable... this God who did die, but ROSE AGAIN and conquered death...
...and then you realize that your mountain called "death" is actually quite small.
So, sometimes it seems big and sometimes it seems small, and that's ok. That's our human perspective mixed with our "citizen of heaven" perspective. It's our "I get it. Heaven is our true home and so much better." mixed with our "but I'm still stuck here on this earth, and she's not here to do this life with me anymore, and that sucks."
_________________________________________________
Anyway, the ladies night at our church turned out really good, and the silent auction went well. We made $741 from the auction for our missionaries, and the women at the dinner seemed to really enjoy it, too!!
Although I have enjoyed the eventful Christmas season so far, I am glad that the big things that I was part of or in charge of are now behind me! I am looking forward to focusing on the rest of the Advent lessons, and just having some quiet and special time at home with my family over the next two weeks until Christmas. I have had to use up ALL of the skip days that I gave myself for the readings because of all of the events and things, so now I need to make sure to do one every day until Christmas eve, or we are going to miss out on some of the stories.
But it's ok. I'm not gonna stress about it, because my little loves are still young, and I have many, many more seasons to teach them about God's love for them! Thankfully!!!
What I've been doing is finding little windows of time that James and I can read together, and if Josiah happens to be able to join us, then that is an added blessing... it has been too difficult to wait until there is time for all of us to be together. Some days it works out that way, but most of the time I just need to take what I can get! James is the one who is old enough to really benefit from the readings, and soak in all that God has for him. So that is where my focus is this year.
There is one day that I already know I am not going to be able to do the reading with James, and that is this Friday, since he will be at school all day, and then spending the night at playcare. So, he will miss the one about the Prince of Peace. Even if I only have the opportunity to teach Josiah that a dove is a symbol of peace that day, and let him hang the ornament, then that is good enough for me. The Lord knows what He has planned for us. I am just going to set aside the time and then watch and see what He does.
Seth's mom, Sue will be staying with us the week prior to Christmas, and James has two weeks off of school for Christmas vacation. Seth and his mom want to make homemade Tamales, and I hope to do some cooking and baking, too.
Here's our reading schedule for the week. I don't have a menu plan yet. It's already WAY too late for me to be up, so that's gonna have to wait until tomorrow. We have lots of leftovers anyway!
Monday 12/12/11
Advent Lesson #8 - Ruth & Boaz
Tuesday 12/13/11
Advent Lesson # 9 - King David
Wednesday 12/14/11
Advent Lesson #10 - King Josiah Finds the Law
Thursday 12/15/11
Advent Lesson # 11 - Lion & Lamb Resting Together
Friday 12/16/11
Advent Lesson # 12 - Prince of Peace
Saturday 12/17/11
Advent Lesson #13 - A Gentle Shepherd
Sunday 12/18/11
Advent Lesson # 14 - The Suffering Servant
1 comment:
I ran into a godly friend in Kmart. I told her I was there to get a gift and fight that crowd. I mentioned how something didnt feel right.I wondered what this material thing I was after had to do with Jesus. So I said " Is this conviction or the enemies unwarrented guilt? She said "Its the enemy". She reminded me that nothing here feels right because this isnt our home.So I purchased the item...and went home with that treasure. Thanks to my divine appointment with that lady...she helped me sort out why something always feels a little off for me at Christmas time. Oh...I get it...This is not my home.
Post a Comment