Friday, January 20, 2012

I haven't posted a "real" post in a while... I've been busy working on various projects. Josiah has been helping me each morning with "chores" around the house. He has learned to sort the silverware, put the clothes from the washer to the dryer (with momma's help), and dry-mop the floors after I sweep them. He earns money for his piggy bank, and we have already been to the dollar store once to spend his earnings. He got a ball, a car, and some M&Ms. 

I've been cooking up a storm! I just got on this cooking kick, and away I went! I made falafel last night. Seth said it was the best falafel he's ever had! I have to say, it was pretty yummy.

I've been working on a family tree for my paternal-great-grand-parents' line (Oma and Opa). And I've also been working on updating and adding pictures to Oma's autobiography that my grandma Audrey helped her write, back in 1999. 

My Oma passed away last Sunday morning, January 15th at 98 years old. She was a very special lady, and will be extremely missed, but she lived a long and full life, and I have no doubt that she is with her Jesus now. I will post more about her in a few days, when I finish my projects surrounding her life and legacy. 

Anyway, life has calmed down in the Condit home over the last several weeks, and I am thankful. There's been nothing major to contend with, like hospital stays, 911 calls, or out-of-control-two-year-olds... I'm not taking for granted this season that The Lord has gifted us with. James has been a joy. Josiah has been a joy. Caleb (as always) has been a joy! Praise God!

Winter has finally come, and the cold and rain have been coming down. I don't mind it... yet. Ask me in April or May, and I'll be having quite a different story by then... but for now, it's good. Glad for our new fireplace. Glad for a hot oven with yummy food cooking every night. Glad for kindle for PC. Glad for family movie nights with the couches pushed together and all the pillows and blankets piled up high! 

There's been a lot of serious talk lately between Seth and I about adding onto our house one day. Our dream has always been to build a new garage with a master bedroom and bath above the new garage. It would make our 3 bedroom 2 bath into a 4 bedroom 3 bath! James would probably get our old master bedroom and bathroom, and eventually I would like to make that bathroom wheelchair accessible for him. His current room would become a guest room, and when we didn't have guests (most of the time) it would function as a library and / or media room. Josiah and Caleb would share a room.

Right now, it is all still just a dream, but we've been tossing around ideas about how to make it happen sooner than you know, like a thousand years from now... hahaha. It would be SO nice to have that extra space!

We've worked hard all week, and now it's Friday and we're having a lazy, rainy morning. Girl's night tonight. Glad about that!

Bye for now. 

No comments: