3rd Celebration - Christmas eve dinner at my mom & dad's... Maria's tamales - yum, yum! Then dessert at my Uncle Kenny & Aunt Deb's new house. James was so cute with his cousin Hailey... Christmas kids snuggling by the tree... My mom made her grandma's ice box cake (a tradition), and Aunt Deb made pumpkin tirimisu - both deeee-lish...
THEN.. we went home and went to bed... I fell asleep in James' big boy bed with him around 10pm. Then at 12:30am, I woke up and walked into our room to go to bed with Seth... but as soon as I stepped foot in our room, my socks were soaking wet... it was dark... what in the world??? I turned on the light.... "um, babe....... we have a water leak....." Seth jumped out of bed. Water was dripping from the ceiling in our room. Merry Christmas!
It was pouring rain. It had been almost 2 weeks since a branch fell on our house during the big snow storm... Seth had checked everything out and thought it was all ok...... and now, nearly 2 weeks later.... water damage.
So, Seth had to go out in the pouring rain in the middle of the night on Christmas eve (well, technically Christmas day) and tarp off the hole in our roof - our brand new roof, I might add...
Sue was awake by now (thankfully, James mostly slept through all of this)... "misery loves company" she said.... and she helped me fold some clothes while Seth was outside... So, about 2am Seth comes in... breakfast, anyone??
He cooked bacon, potatoes, and eggs.... we ate, and then went back to bed - finally. whew!
4th Celebration - Christmas day at my mom & dad's house. We woke up (later than we had planned)... thankfully, James slept in a little bit. We went over to my mom & dad's for brunch... yes, we were hungry again by 11am. Lyndsey and Ryan were there... it was a special time... In the afternoon, several other relatives came over. Sue played her violin while my dad and Seth played guitars... we sang a few Christmas carols, and even talked Oma into singing some in German. She is losing her hearing, and is still shy as ever.... so it was a little off beat... and VERY cute!
That's about it.... crazy, huh??
Pictures to follow......
P.S. - Seth has since fixed the hole in our roof, and we've had pretty dry weather since then... so we'll see... but the sheetrock in our ceiling is sagging a bit.... joy.
1 comment:
that is better than the water leak I thought you were talking about at first...I was thinking YOUR water broke and my heart actually stopped for a second. Love you!
Post a Comment