Monday, May 4, 2009

will Josiah be an early bird?

I saw Dr. Park this morning for my 36 week check-up. I mentioned to him that I've been feeling extra pressure really low in my pelvis, and wondered if Josiah's head was waaaay down there.. He did an ultrasound (like he always does) and said that, yes, in fact his head is really low, and that that could mean that he is going to come early!

This is good news because James is getting really, really hard for me to care for, and it is hard for me to bring him anywhere (like therapy and kindermusik) because he needs either his wheel chair or a stroller, and both are heavy and awkward for me to lift...

Also, there is just no more room in there for Josiah! I've been feeling crappy the last 2-3 days, and I read that a general feeling of yuckiness could be a sign that labor is coming soon. I know that I still have 3 1/2 weeks until my due date, but James was 2 1/2 weeks early, so maybe (hopefully) slightly early babies is just my pattern!

I also asked Dr. Park which way Josiah is facing because I am concerned that I will have back labor again like I did with James... Unfortunately, he is facing upward (toward my tummy) and that would mean back labor if I went into labor right now... but Dr. Park was encouraging when he said that it is still very likely that he will "corkscrew" downward, and could even turn during labor, so that he faces down (or toward my back). I sure hope he does that! Back labor is not fun for any of us! Seth said he's been working out to prepare for the "labor" he will have to go through by pushing on my back for hours on end! hahah.

Starting next Monday, the doctor will begin checking my cervix every week to see how dilated I am and giving me a good idea of how long I should expect until Josiah's birth....

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was VERY soon.

1 comment: