Monday, August 16, 2010

James Update - Monday Night

I've been on the phone ALL day!! I talked to one of my SB mom friends, and told her that, and she said, "I've been on the phone all day, too!" -- I wasn't surprised.

Good news is that one of our friends who is an RN is very, very interested in becoming an independent nurse practitioner and being our in-home nurse! Her and I are both excited about the possibility -- the kind of excitement you get when it seems God is moving!

James had a good day today, pain-wise. Still extremely weak in the arms, legs, and trunk. We will either get the MRI next week, or the following week, depending on what we decide to do. Surgery will still be 4-6 weeks out. UNLESS, by some miracle, the neuro-surgeon in San Fran can do it sooner. I am looking forward to discussing James' case with him on Friday.

Tomorrow we plan on meeting my best friend, Teryn, and her two boys in Yuba City at the children's water park (she's in California visiting her aunt and uncle in Sac, so we want to take advantage of that!!) Becky Wion and Wendy Savage will go with us to lend an extra hand, so that will work out really well!!

Decided to take James off of the muscle relaxer (baclofen) just to rule that out as the cause of his weakness and recent bladder problems -- even if the baclofen was making his symptoms worse, I know there is something neurological going on... but I realized that the baclofen is not helping the pain, and it's definitely not helping James to be any stronger!! So, we're saying bye-bye to that for now...

Praying that James has a good night tonight, and that we will have a fun day tomorrow, trying to forget about all the details of his health for just a couple of hours!!

Thanks for praying for us!!

Lynae

1 comment:

Aunt LeeLee said...

Who's the nurse friend? :)