I have many things to share - all good this time (believe it or not)
I know I use the blog as a venting ground more often than I should. Facebook, too. So, for that I apologize... but only half-heartedly, because I'm sure I will continue to do it from time to time...
But not today.
Today I have a gorgeous, amazing, wonderful, new (to me) van!!!
Yes, I know I should have pictures by now, but I don't.
I promise I will take pictures tomorrow.
But I will describe it.
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Silver. Leather seats. 6 disk DVD player. Sun roof (or moon roof? the one that opens!) Stow-n-go seats in the middle and back rows. 74,000 miles on it. Yes, just remove the "1" from the beginning of the miles on all of the other vehicles we have owned, and you get that number! haha!! Not ONE HUNDRED and seventy four thousand miles -- just seventy four thousand!!! (by the way, I'm not kidding about this - the Dodge Intrepid we recently sold had 176,000 miles on it, and the old van has, i believe, 163,000).
WE LOOOOVE IT.
Thank you, God, for providing a better vehicle than we ever thought we would own!
So, I drove to Sacramento, not once, but TWICE yesterday!
James had a dr. appointment in the late morning, so we left at 9am to go to that... to make a long story short, we were almost home from Sac around 3:30pm, when I spoke to Seth on the phone, and he asked which van, within our price range, was my favorite one (I have been researching non-stop, and had several vehicles and their details milling around in my head, and I guess Seth just thought it was time to make a decision!!) -- so, i said, "um, i guess my fave is that one at the dealership in Roseville." and he said, "well your parents have the kids tonight for date night, so lets go get it!"
So, back down to Roseville AGAIN we went!
Crazy, I know.
But by 11:30pm, we were (finally) home in bed with a new van in the driveway!!
Did i mention that the transmission is going out on the old van, and I've been borrowing my mom's car for almost a week now? yeah.
ANYWAY
one more story, that is going to blow your socks off
strangest "coincidence" happened today...
I'm on facebook this morning right before we had to leave for James' physical therapy appointment, and a lady starts chatting with me. It was someone that I didn't recognize -- you know how you end up with all these "friends" on facebook that aren't really your friends, and you pretty much have no idea how you became facebook friends with them in the first place? well, that's how it was with this lady. but anyway, she says, "have you found a nurse yet?"
wait, let me back up... did i explain this already on the blog... not sure -- you see, i've been looking into getting in-home nursing care for James, because I know that several families get this for their medically fragile kids, and I always wondered about it-- it's a long story, but basically there is a special section of MediCal called EPDST that funds a program where a nurse gets paid to come to your house and help with really anything you need help with concerning your child with special needs. Apparently they can come with you on trips, they can run errands with you, they can stay with your child at home while you're not there, and stuff like that... I have been more overwhelmed than ever the past several months for several reasons - adding another child to an already heavy situation has not made it any easier. now i am trying to be mommy to TWO children, and nurse to one of them, all at the same time.. not to mention medical secretary, cheufer, cook... you know. anyway, James' everyday needs have increased significantly now that he is catheterized 5 times per day, needs a suppository every night, is on more and more meds than ever, which have to be given at just the right time, or else... he needs milk and egg free meals prepared for him and cut or pureed into manageable bites for him, and he needs someone to sit with him at every meal and help him through each bite in order to (sometimes) be successful at keeping food down, he needs to be dressed and undressed, bathed, AFOs (braces) and shoes put on and off, and the list goes on... oh, yeah and not to mention the back spasms which take several minutes out of each day to massage, comfort, rub, kiss, love, get through..... oh, and how we're SUPPOSED to be practicing walking, going in the stander, stretching, fine motor skills, and all of that.
did i just go off on a huge tangent?
well, ANYWAY, back to the lady on facebook that i don't know.
she says, "have you found a nurse yet?" (now you know a little bit about why we might need one)
and - to make a long story even longer - haha - we started chatting, and i'm telling her that i don't really get how it all works, and i'm still trying to figure it all out, and i was told that James qualifies, but i have not idea how many hours he qualifies for, and i don't even know where to begin... all of that... and the lady says that she has had nurses for her 14 year old daughter for 12 years, and she knows all about the process, and she would love to sit down with me and talk to me and help me with it as much as she can... and i'm like, that sounds great, but i really need to leave for physical therapy like 10 minutes ago, and maybe she could give me her number and i will call her when i get a chance...
and she gives me her number and tells me her address and - GET THIS - it's blah-blah-blah FERN LANE.
and i'm like FERN LANE?
WHAT?
We live on FERN, too!!
And I say, which side of Fern? the one with the wider street or the narrower one?
and she says the wider one.
our side!
and she says, are you the green house on the corner of fern and becker?
and i say, yes! that's us!
and she says -- GET THIS -- she lives in the duplex RIGHT NEXT DOOR to us!
NOT EVEN KIDDING.
so she says, are you home right now? go outside and i will walk out there and meet you.
so i walk out my front door and meet her and her daughter, and we are both in total shock!
is that crazy or WHAT?
best story of the year for sure.
SO -- i haven't really sat down with her yet because that was this morning, and i was REALLY late to therapy by then, and we left, and then i spent the afternoon running errands and cleaning the house and doing all the things that were neglected yesterday since i drove to sac twice yesterday, and so, i will have to update you after i ACTUALLY talk to her, but yeah, that shouldn't be too hard, since we are NEXT DOOR neighbors!!!!!!
WOW - He never ceases to just totally and completely floor us, does He? - WOW.
I know I use the blog as a venting ground more often than I should. Facebook, too. So, for that I apologize... but only half-heartedly, because I'm sure I will continue to do it from time to time...
But not today.
Today I have a gorgeous, amazing, wonderful, new (to me) van!!!
Yes, I know I should have pictures by now, but I don't.
I promise I will take pictures tomorrow.
But I will describe it.
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Silver. Leather seats. 6 disk DVD player. Sun roof (or moon roof? the one that opens!) Stow-n-go seats in the middle and back rows. 74,000 miles on it. Yes, just remove the "1" from the beginning of the miles on all of the other vehicles we have owned, and you get that number! haha!! Not ONE HUNDRED and seventy four thousand miles -- just seventy four thousand!!! (by the way, I'm not kidding about this - the Dodge Intrepid we recently sold had 176,000 miles on it, and the old van has, i believe, 163,000).
WE LOOOOVE IT.
Thank you, God, for providing a better vehicle than we ever thought we would own!
So, I drove to Sacramento, not once, but TWICE yesterday!
James had a dr. appointment in the late morning, so we left at 9am to go to that... to make a long story short, we were almost home from Sac around 3:30pm, when I spoke to Seth on the phone, and he asked which van, within our price range, was my favorite one (I have been researching non-stop, and had several vehicles and their details milling around in my head, and I guess Seth just thought it was time to make a decision!!) -- so, i said, "um, i guess my fave is that one at the dealership in Roseville." and he said, "well your parents have the kids tonight for date night, so lets go get it!"
So, back down to Roseville AGAIN we went!
Crazy, I know.
But by 11:30pm, we were (finally) home in bed with a new van in the driveway!!
Did i mention that the transmission is going out on the old van, and I've been borrowing my mom's car for almost a week now? yeah.
ANYWAY
one more story, that is going to blow your socks off
strangest "coincidence" happened today...
I'm on facebook this morning right before we had to leave for James' physical therapy appointment, and a lady starts chatting with me. It was someone that I didn't recognize -- you know how you end up with all these "friends" on facebook that aren't really your friends, and you pretty much have no idea how you became facebook friends with them in the first place? well, that's how it was with this lady. but anyway, she says, "have you found a nurse yet?"
wait, let me back up... did i explain this already on the blog... not sure -- you see, i've been looking into getting in-home nursing care for James, because I know that several families get this for their medically fragile kids, and I always wondered about it-- it's a long story, but basically there is a special section of MediCal called EPDST that funds a program where a nurse gets paid to come to your house and help with really anything you need help with concerning your child with special needs. Apparently they can come with you on trips, they can run errands with you, they can stay with your child at home while you're not there, and stuff like that... I have been more overwhelmed than ever the past several months for several reasons - adding another child to an already heavy situation has not made it any easier. now i am trying to be mommy to TWO children, and nurse to one of them, all at the same time.. not to mention medical secretary, cheufer, cook... you know. anyway, James' everyday needs have increased significantly now that he is catheterized 5 times per day, needs a suppository every night, is on more and more meds than ever, which have to be given at just the right time, or else... he needs milk and egg free meals prepared for him and cut or pureed into manageable bites for him, and he needs someone to sit with him at every meal and help him through each bite in order to (sometimes) be successful at keeping food down, he needs to be dressed and undressed, bathed, AFOs (braces) and shoes put on and off, and the list goes on... oh, yeah and not to mention the back spasms which take several minutes out of each day to massage, comfort, rub, kiss, love, get through..... oh, and how we're SUPPOSED to be practicing walking, going in the stander, stretching, fine motor skills, and all of that.
did i just go off on a huge tangent?
well, ANYWAY, back to the lady on facebook that i don't know.
she says, "have you found a nurse yet?" (now you know a little bit about why we might need one)
and - to make a long story even longer - haha - we started chatting, and i'm telling her that i don't really get how it all works, and i'm still trying to figure it all out, and i was told that James qualifies, but i have not idea how many hours he qualifies for, and i don't even know where to begin... all of that... and the lady says that she has had nurses for her 14 year old daughter for 12 years, and she knows all about the process, and she would love to sit down with me and talk to me and help me with it as much as she can... and i'm like, that sounds great, but i really need to leave for physical therapy like 10 minutes ago, and maybe she could give me her number and i will call her when i get a chance...
and she gives me her number and tells me her address and - GET THIS - it's blah-blah-blah FERN LANE.
and i'm like FERN LANE?
WHAT?
We live on FERN, too!!
And I say, which side of Fern? the one with the wider street or the narrower one?
and she says the wider one.
our side!
and she says, are you the green house on the corner of fern and becker?
and i say, yes! that's us!
and she says -- GET THIS -- she lives in the duplex RIGHT NEXT DOOR to us!
NOT EVEN KIDDING.
so she says, are you home right now? go outside and i will walk out there and meet you.
so i walk out my front door and meet her and her daughter, and we are both in total shock!
is that crazy or WHAT?
best story of the year for sure.
SO -- i haven't really sat down with her yet because that was this morning, and i was REALLY late to therapy by then, and we left, and then i spent the afternoon running errands and cleaning the house and doing all the things that were neglected yesterday since i drove to sac twice yesterday, and so, i will have to update you after i ACTUALLY talk to her, but yeah, that shouldn't be too hard, since we are NEXT DOOR neighbors!!!!!!
WOW - He never ceases to just totally and completely floor us, does He? - WOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment