Monday, September 13, 2010

Nectarines, Basketball, and Trundle Beds

Becky's been going to Farmer's Market for me on Tuesday mornings, and bringing us strawberries and nectarines. The kids and I are now addicted to nectarines, and I had to stop at the fruit stand on Skyway today to get our "fix" until tomorrow! haha!



It was a gorgeous day today. Feels like somewhere in the high 80's outside. It's one of those days where I just want all the doors and windows open the entire day, and it is the perfect temp. It's also getting to be the time of year to break out the candles, which I LOVE, LOVE.

Josiah and I shared a bagel with veggie-loaded cream cheese at Bellachino's this morning, and he waved "hi" to all of the strangers he could see! haha. There was a little girl about his age eating with her parents at a table near us, and he and the girl were flirting. It was very cute... Then we went grocery shopping at Winco, and I bought stuff to make bean and rice burritos this week, and Teryn's delicious chicken pot pie recipe. I would have gotten the nectarines there, but I pretty much HATE Winco's produce, and I'm disappointed every time I settle for it...

When we got home, I knew right away that the cleaning fairy (my mom) had been by because I could smell the clean floors as soon as we opened the door. Ahhhh... SO nice not to have to think about dishes and laundry and the dirty wood-floors every second!! Since there was virtually NO housework to do, and it was Joey's nap time, I decided to make the pot pie tonight, so I called Teryn for the recipe during Joey's nap (which was an awesome, long nap by the way!) - and then after his nap, we went to 2nd Time Around - a used baby stuff store. I found this pop-up basket-ball-hoop, by Playhut. I am excited about it, because I have been looking for one since last year at Christmas time, and I can't even find any used ones online! Hopefully this will provide hours active fun for James and Josiah during the winter months...



The pot pie is in the oven right now, and Josiah's taking his second nap. I am one spoiled girl!
Seth will be home with James in a few minutes, and I am looking forward to hearing about James' school day. He has been doing really well. For a while there, I wasn't sure if he was even going to be able to go back three days a week, and be ok.. but he seems to still enjoy himself and make it through the day relatively pain free - or at least the headaches aren't completely ruining his school days.

I've been feeling better the last few days. I felt pretty good over the weekend, and then again today. I was worried that the morning sickness was going to get worse before it got better, but it looks like maybe not! yay! Taste of Chico was fun. We hung out with Lyndsey and Carla and Tones. I was worried that I might be nauseous because of all the smells of food cooking outside, but I was actually fine. It was pretty hot out, and I had to rest a lot, and drink a lot of fluids, but other than that, we had a great time. I thought it was a little better last year - seems like there were more restaurants represented last year that I love - but overall, it was a good "date" for Seth and I (and our friends - haha) with no kids, since my parents watched both boys.

Seth has been "winterizing" our house - putting gutter guards up on our rain gutters, and things like that. We actually used our heater one time last week when it was all rainy and cool. I've been cleaning out the dresser in the guest room, which just has a bunch of scrapbooking stuff and wrapping paper and gift bags and things like that. We need to get everything out of that room, so that it will be ready to decorate and arrange for the baby. I bought another trundle bed on craigslist for $55, which was a GREAT find! We just need mattresses for it now, and we still need one for the bottom of James' trundle, too, so that Joey will have a place to sleep when the baby takes his crib!! So, yeah, we are looking for like 3 or 4 twin mattresses! But I LOVE trundle beds. They provide tons of sleep space, but they don't take up that much space in the room, and the new one I got is like a day bed, so it will be sort of like a couch, which will be easier for several people to sit together, than it is right now to sit on that double bed that's in there...

Here's Joey being a silly boy last night...

and here's my two cuties, lovin' each other the other day!


1 comment:

Aunt LeeLee said...

They're soooo handsome! :)