Friday, January 7, 2011

Update 1/6/2011 Thursday

The Lord has been providing more than we need in every way. Seth went home last night to check on the house and the mail, and to gather some things for James and I, and to get some hours in at work today and tomorrow. He will be coming back down to San Fran either late tomorrow night or early Saturday morning, and then he will stay with us until whenever we are discharged.

Carla came down to help me and to visit us. She also brought me the things that Seth gathered for us. She worked a half-day today, and she has a 3 day weekend now, so she decided to spend the next few days hanging out with me and helping me keep James company, so that I can do things like run and grab food, or take a shower, without worrying about James being without a familiar face. Carla had a smooth drive down, and found the hospital and the Family House without any problems. Thank you for praying for her if you knew she was headed down. She will be heading home early Saturday morning.

Today I ran into another momma who was our roommate last time we were down here in November. I said to her, "Oh, we are both back already!" and she said that she never left! Her son has been in the hospital since then, and hasn't gotten to go home. I can't believe it! That means that they had to spend both Thanksgiving
and Christmas here... Made me remember again that so many other families have a much harder road than we do.

I am so thankful for the way that God has used our church family and our friends and relatives to (so unselfishly) bless us financially so that Seth can be here for the rest of our stay. It brings so much comfort to know that he will be here, and I don't have to do this on my own! We are both blown away and humbled by the way people have sacrificed and given, to the glory of God. Thank you, if that was you. You know who you are. We don't! But The Lord sees what you have done in secret.

James will likely have surgery to place the new shunt on Wednesday next week, and we will be discharged by the weekend (Lord willing). He is doing well, acting like himself, making up all kinds of silly games, and being cute as ever, charming everyone he meets, and all of that good stuff. One nurse we had really loved him, and you could tell she just wanted to gobble him up, just like I always do!

Speaking of nurses, I don't want to jinx it now, but I just love to announce right now that we have had
a whole host of WONDERFUL nurses, and no bad ones, since we got admitted on Monday! Makes SUCH a huge, huge difference!! The nurse we have tonight is having a baby girl in March, and she remembers Carla from Azusa Pacific when they were both students there four years ago!! It's a small world!!

Speaking of babies, the baby in my tummy has been kicking and kicking SO much the whole time we've been here, which is a huge comfort to me, too, and I recognize it as God's way of blessing me in little ways that He knows will mean the world to me. His love is deep and amazing.

My parents have been taking Josiah to the park to play every single day since they've had him, and I am sure that he is having a blast. I miss him terribly, but I know he is having experiences that he doesn't always get with a busy and stressed out momma, and a disabled, and wheel-chair bound brother! So that is good.

So far I haven't been too overwhelmed by this whole ordeal, and The Lord has sustained me well! I praise Him and give Him ALL the glory for that, because nothing about me handles things well (in my flesh)!! It is Him who is giving me His sufficient grace, and who continues to refine me.

It was good for me yesterday to be stuck here alone, with no laptop, no books, and dumb stuff on TV. I was alone with my Jamesie, who I could spend lots of time chatting with and praying for, and with my bible, which I almost felt forced to read! Haha, sounds bad, but it's true! And His word is so good!!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

2 comments:

Teryn said...

Praise God for His amazing provision! This makes me happy. I was thinking about how often you have to blog from the hospital and it kind of reminds me of paul writing from prison. What a crazy life you've been given! Yet you see Him in everything.

Condit Family said...

yes, i have been thinking about paul in prison, too! SO weird that you said that! we have the same mind... I've been formulating a whole post about that... love you, teryn!