I spent a good part of the morning today at the hospital having another non-stress test and monitoring my blood pressures. My blood pressures were all good - one a little high - but a ton of good ones following the higher one. The nurse said that my baby is doing "fantastic," which is what I needed to hear, because I got a tiny bit concerned when his movement seemed to slow a little the last two days or so. I guess he's just crowded in there!
She said that he's not sitting low in my pelvis anymore, and that's probably because I've been on bed-rest, and not standing and walking and letting gravity do its thing!! They want me to continue bed-rest, though... It is slowing things down, though, I think. She checked me and said that I am still about the same - 3cm. dilated and 60% effaced - which is what I was on Monday. She also took a urine sample and there's still no protein, so that's good.
The contractions are back, though, so that's a good thing. They are very consistent, but extremely mild - I can barely feel them unless I'm really focusing.
Dr. Ainsworth is the on-call until tomorrow morning at 7am, so that's a good thing, too.
I think I'm gonna try and be a little more active than I have been... at least standing up and walking more... but still listen to my body carefully, and pay attention to signs of blood pressure increase.
Guess we just have to wait, wait, wait!! But I do feel a lot better now that I listened to Caleb's heartbeat for over an hour this morning!! Thanks be to our wonderful and sovereign God, who sustains each and every beat! Praise HIM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment