Friday, May 6, 2011

The last several weeks have been busy around here, to say the least! I have had a lot more rest, though, than I thought was going to be possible, with Sue being here on her spring break the week Caleb was born, and then Cora offering to help take James to school for me for a few weeks (which was HUGE), and the church bringing meals for three weeks straight! My mom and Becky have been taking Josiah for me for several hours at a time,  and Becky came over to help yesterday when Cora had to take the day off when she ran into billing problems with MediCal (a big scare that thankfully didn't last long, but totally freaked me out!). James has been spending more time over-night on some of the weekends at Playcare. That has been really nice for Seth and I to have some time where we're not constantly on James' feeding and cath schedule.

Yes, we are well taken care of! God's grace really is sufficient for our needs, and most of the time - ok, really ALL of the time - I can't see how it's all going to work out... I have learned that that's exactly where He wants me, though, so that He can be my hero. And He is! 

I have been emotional. I have a small crying session about every other night or so. No reason, really. Just tired and trying to cope with my body and hormones and everything going back to normal. It's not as bad as it was after having Josiah. I knew what to expect this time, and was prepared to talk myself thorough it. Seth is as understanding as a man can be. He just comforts me. Doesn't really say much at all. Which is probably wise! haha!!

The weather has been perfect - in the 70s and 80s - and our back yard is finally starting to look like someone lives here! My parents gave us their old (ancient) 14 foot trampoline, and Seth has been digging a huge hole in the ground (yes, by hand - crazy man) so that it can be at ground-level for safety. Josiah LOVES it. We had a BBQ here for Seth's birthday last weekend, and Josiah jumped on that thing with the other kids for like four hours straight! Seth also cleared out all of the junk, so the back yard seems bigger, and I don't feel like I have to watch Josiah's every move as closely now. This has freed me up to get some things organized in the house while he plays outside. I just leave all of the doors and windows wide open, and check on him every few minutes. It has been a life-saver! He's an outside boy, for sure!

Josiah has been sick recently, though, and I have had my share of runny diapers - enough for the rest of the YEAR, thank you very much! Since he isn't feeling well, though, I do admit that I get to enjoy a little bit more mellow temperament from that boy for a few days, and one who is more snuggly with his momma (which I love), and some longer naps, too! So, I guess I'll take it! I do hope he gets better soon, though, or I'm going to have to take him in, and I have grown to really HATE appointments of all kinds. Yeah, if I had just one week of no appointments, that would be nice.

James' arm seems to be healing up just fine. He doesn't have any pain, and is trying to use it again all the time. I have to remind him over and over again to rest it. He has a follow up appointment next Thursday. It's late in the day, and Seth is going to take him! YEAH! That is what I call a spoiled momma!

Caleb still sleeps a lot. I have to wake him up to feed him during the day. He is doing pretty good at sleeping at night, too. He's usually up once or twice, but he has a hard time falling asleep, so that's after going to bed pretty dang late. Even with good baby, though, Seth and I are both low on sleep these days. Last night Caleb slept well, but Josiah was up twice trying to get in my bed. Oh man!

Caleb is one good lookin baby, I must say! And he smiles a lot in his sleep. It is SO cute. Oh, and he has DIMPLES! He smiles with those dimples as if to say, "you think my brothers are cute? Just you wait!" Yes, I am a bragging momma. Can you blame me?

I have a lot of bridal and baby showers coming up that I'm invited to, and then the weddings that will follow, so I've been thinking about gifts and how I'm going to get out to the stores with three babies! Strategic planning, I tell you! Thankful that James is in school all day three days a week, and that I have people willing to watch Josiah once in a while!

Well, that's about all I can think to report for now. Until next time...

1 comment:

Teryn said...

yay! so thankful for the update...i feel like I just talked to you. :)