Seth and I used our free night in Roseville that we won at the Valentine's party in February. We left Saturday morning, and came home Sunday evening. It P-O-U-R-E-D rain the entire time!! But that was ok, because all we really wanted to do was rest anyway! We went to the High Hand Nursery Conservatory for lunch. It's a restaurant that they made inside of an old greenhouse, and there is a nursery there, too. I had the cider marinated chicken breast sandwich with apple walnut salad. YUM.
Then, we went to our hotel to see if we could check in early, but they were busy because I guess I-80 had been closed for some reason and a bunch of people got stuck in Roseville the night before... Anyway, we hung out in the lobby for a bit, and then decided to go to the movies. We saw The Lincoln Lawyer, with the "getting a little old, but still extremely hot" Matthew McConaughey. It was SO good! Go see it.
We checked into our hotel, and pretty much just sat around and RESTED for HOURS. It was sooooooo nice. Then we went out to dinner at The Macaroni Grill. Yummy. We went to Raley's and got strawberry shortcake ingredients, but I was soooooo tired when we got back. I fell asleep at 10:30pm, without having eaten any shortcake... oh well!
On Sunday, we went to Panera Bread for breakfast (yum), and then we checked out Valley Springs Presbyterian Church, where our Pastor used to be an assistant pastor before he came to us! We liked it.
After church, we went to Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ, which is a southern-style BBQ place. They brought me my strawberry lemonade in a mason jar, which was pretty cool / different. Seth got a full rack of ribs. Said they were some of the best ribs he's EVER had. I don't really like ribs, but I was happy for him that he got to eat something "boy-ish," since I had been dragging him to girly restaurants all weekend! haha.
Then we drove home. It was a nice break and a relaxing time. SO thankful to the Candlers for giving us the voucher for the hotel, and to my parents for taking Josiah, and to PTL for having James for the weekend!
1 comment:
ahhh! Sounds like an AWEOSME time! I'm so glad you got some rest! I'm glad to hear that movie was good - I couldn't tell. I still don't know if we'll see it but at least it's a maybe now. :) That BBQ place sounds gooood. I would probably get a pulled pork sammich! YUM! :)
Post a Comment