Wednesday, August 10, 2011

date with a kindergartener

Tonight James and I went on a date, without daddy, without his brothers. Just momma and James -- and Aunt Lyndsey crashed our date, too! (he wanted her to) 

We had the BEST time! James got new "big" wheels on his wheelchair today. Dan-the-wheelchair-man worked on his chair for a couple of hours today! Now James can wheel himself all around, and he LOVES the freedom!

He wheeled himself all around Target by himself tonight, and didn't want ANY help from me or lynds. We got all of the supplies on the list that his teacher sent. I told him his teacher's name ONCE, earlier today, and he already remembers her name, and is really excited to meet her on Monday.

Then, James and I both got haircuts, and he was barely even scared about it. Then we went to Michaels and got materials for Lyndsey's baby shower invitations, and he wheeled himself all around the store again.

He was a tired boy by the time we got home at 9:30pm!!!

Now my handsome boy, with a new handsome haircut and a bag full of kindergarten supplies, and a wheelchair made for a big boy, is ready to join the Winnie the Pooh class with Mrs. Janosz in just five days!

WOW.

2 comments:

The Velikonias said...

I am SOOOOO... excited James got Mrs. Janoz!!!!! YAY!!! She's great!!!!

Aunt LeeLee said...

I loved it when he started getting scared about the haircut and I told him that Uncle Ryan gets his hair cut with the buzzers, and he asked "Was he SCARED?!" and we said, "nooo, he was a BRAVE boy!" hahaha. I also love how James thinks every store is basically like Target. Like when we were in Michael's and he was like "I'm going to go check out the movies".